Title: Data ENgineer
Location: London, United Kingdom
Start date: ASAP
The Climate TRACE coalition is building a tool that will use artificial intelligence, satellite image processing, machine learning, and other remote sensing technologies to monitor worldwide greenhouse gas emissions. The coalition aims to track human-caused emissions to specific sources in real time—independently and publicly. The Climate TRACE coalition is made up of nonprofits CarbonPlan, Carbon Tracker, Earthrise Alliance, Hudson Carbon, OceanMind, Rocky Mountain Institute, and WattTime; tech companies Blue Sky Analytics and Hypervine; as well as climate leader and former U.S. Vice President Al Gore.
We are looking for a Data Engineer to join our project for the estimation of global industrial CO 2 emissions, in order to transform our models and research into a scalable application with real- world impact.
Role and responsibilities
- Develop, optimise and maintain our data pipelines, both for research and production.
- Work with our data scientists to help deploy and scale machine learning models.
- Support the development of data-driven applications building on our core research.
- Identify opportunities for optimising and automating internal tools and workflows.
- Build visualisations and alerting tools for internal monitoring of data ML tools.
- 1-3 years of credible industry or academic experience in a data engineering or related
- Fluency in Python, Docker and Linux.
- Degree in Computer Science or a numerical field.
- Experience designing and deploying robust ETL pipelines in a production environment.
- Significant experience in at least one cloud computing environment, preferably GCP.
- Experience designing, optimising and querying SQL and NoSQL databases.
- Experience with data visualisation and/or dashboarding tools, e.g. Grafana, Tableau,
- Enthusiasm for tackling carbon emissions and the climate crisis.
- Highly motivated, self-starter, driven to grow the role and company.
- Methodical with a high attention to detail.
- Team player, organized, meticulous, high integrity.
- Desire to learn new skills and collaborate with others.
- A passion and commitment to use technology to make the world a better place.
- Competitive salary, performance bonus and pension.
- Five weeks paid time off.
- Quarterly team offsites.
- Work every day to help make the world a better place.
- Please email your CV along with a covering letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- The role will remain open until a suitable applicant is found.